Recipe by Jenny Frenny
Modified from Southern Living Magazine, featured on the cover. Good with corn bread.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdiced Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed white and yellow corn
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- additional chopped cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic in a soup pot or dutch oven. Drain off fat in pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reserving the chopped cilantro until ready to serve. When ready to serve, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and stir.
- Bring to boil then let cook over low heat for 30 minutes.