Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This soup is really good but a little spicy. If you think it will be too hot for you substitute stewed tomatoes for the ones with chilies. It is good served with cheese and sour cream. It is from the Six Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker cookbook.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1. Brown ground beef and onion; drain and place in a slow cooker.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and 3 cups of water.
- 3.Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.(Check at about 3 hours to make sure it isn't cooked some slow cookers are hotter than others.).
A great quick, easy recipe to throw together for the crock pot on those days that you just don't have a lot of time for cooking. Because my family loves pasta, I did add about a cup of pasta to the mixture. Thanks for the great recipe.