Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living Cooking School
Make and share this Southwestern Grits Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- 2 2⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed (half of an 8 oz. loaf)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (Ro-Tel original)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring the broth and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add grits to pan; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add in cheese, stirring until melted and well combined.
- Stir in Ro-Tel tomatoes; pour mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate; cover and chill 2 hours.
- Unmold grits; cut into 6 wedges; lightly brush each side with melted butter.
- Cook wedges on a hot, lightly greased griddle for 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Dollop wedges with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.