- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry with paper towels. Drain the corn.
- Put water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave 7 minutes. Using a wire whisk or fork, stir in grits, taco seasoning, and onion. Microwave, uncovered, 4 minutes. Stir and microwave 2 minutes more.
- Stir in corn, spinach, margarine, and half of the cheeses.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour grits mixture into the dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.