Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Southwestern Grilled Chicken With Mexican Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlebaja chipotle marinade or 1 (8 ounce) bottlemesquite marinade
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tomato sauce
- 15 ounces cheese, dip
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- Divide chicken among 1/2 the number of indicated gallon freezer bags. Divide and pour bottled marinade over chicken. Marinate for an hour or two. Once marinated, remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken about 15 minutes or until done (165 degrees).
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with garlic salt and taco seasoning. Stir in onion flakes, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Separate with fork.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Prepare chicken and freeze in gallon freezer bags. Prepare rice as directed above; allow to completely cool. Place rice in gallon freezer bag. Seal and freeze both bags. To serve: Thaw chicken and rice. Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill chicken about 15 minutes or until done (165 degrees). Place rice in large microwavable bowl, sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp water over rice. Microwave 2-3 minutes. Fluff with fork and repeat. Let stand 2 minutes, then fluff again. Place rice on plate, top with grilled chicken. Heat cheese dip according to package directions, pour 2-3 Tbsp over chicken and top with tomatoes.