Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is by - Robert Del Grande. Hope you enjoy it!!!
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken parts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced white onions
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine first 8 ingredients.
- With a spoon or a basting brush, spread seasoning paste over the chicken.
- Grill chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine all lime butter ingredients.
- Drizzle over chicken just before serving or serve separately for dipping.
Meanie, you now have my undying devotion! This was sooooooooo good! We grilled the chicken outside over charcoal. I actualy had to let the paste 'marinate' on the chicken for a few hours while I prepped everything else for dinner. My BF thought that the paste had burned during cooking but after tasting it, we figured out that it hadn't. The dipping sauce was such a great accompaniment! I have never tried chicken this way, but I will make this all the time, from now on!! Thanks soooooo much for the recipe!
FIVE stars for sure! I made the spice paste exactly as is (doubled it, though, as I had more chicken), and refrigerated the chicken for a couple hours, uncovered. We grilled it over a charcoal fire and the chicken was extremely moist, and very flavorful. I didn't have all the ingredients for the lime butter (but had my heart set on making this dish), so am only rating the chicken part, but the butter, even with my necessary substitutions, was tasty, and accented the flavor of the chicken very well. My substitutions were ground jalapenos for the serrano (could NOT find any hot peppers in my market...or fresh cilantro) and dried cilantro for fresh (let it hydrate in the butter/lime mix for quite a while). Sorry, Mean, I had to make the substitutions, but the chicken was truly outstanding! (and again, even though the lime butter wasn't to "spec", it was still tasty).
WOW this is fantastic! Such great flavors both from the butter and the meat rub/paste. It was so simple to put together too, which always makes a recipe better in my opinion. I didn't change a thing, except I had to use dairy free margarine for our diet restrictions. I let the meat marinade for about 30-40 minutes before grilling on our foreman grill. And I ran the butter through the food processor. Definitely a keeper!