Recipe by gailanng
Marinate time required, but overlap by making the sauce in the meantime. Recipe from Brian Murray posted on The Pioneer Woman's site sponsoring her Bush’s Grillin’ Beans/Pioneer Woman Recipe Contest.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (powder)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, without casing
- 2 cups heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the chicken breasts until approximately 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle on 2 Tablespoons of the taco seasoning and rub into the meat. Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter, pour on chicken breasts, and mix together. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour. Grill chicken for 4 minutes on each side over high heat. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Brown chorizo over medium heat and break into pieces. Remove chorizo from pan, but leave any remaining grease. Reduce heat to medium low and add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan. Saute until translucent. Add chipotle pepper and 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce to pan. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cream and 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning to mixture and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour mixture into blender (or with immersion blender), blend until smooth. Transfer contents back into pan, add chorizo to mixture, and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken into strips and pour 1/4 of sauce on each breast.