Recipe by Bogey'sMom
This is a recipe I invented to satisfy our craving for a similar salad in a local restaurant. My family loves it.
Top Review by Susie in Texas
This tastes surprisingly like the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad we get at our local Dairy Queen. I sure was glad to find this recipe because we love this salad. To make it even easier, I used restaurant style Tostitoes brand tortilla chips. I added some fresh diced tomatoes to the salad. I absolutely love the ranch dressing mixed with salsa. Thanks for posting this recipe. It's one we will make often.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle ranch dressing
- 1 bottle mild salsa or 1 bottle hot salsa
- Emeril's Original Essence (make your own or buy Emeril's)
- olive oil
- shredded lettuce
- 8 corn tortillas
- sliced black olives
- sliced red onion
- shredded carrot (other salad fixin's to your taste)
- shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts with Essence, drizzle with olive oil and grill or bake until done.
- You can also substitute fajita seasoned sliced chicken breasts strips here.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Toss the lettuce with your other salad"stuff".
- Slice the corn tortillas into thin strips and deep fry until crisp.
- If you stop short of crisp, the tortillas will be tough.
- Test one and if this is the case, just refry til crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Divide the tortillas into four equal portions and place on individual plates (I use deep pasta bowels).
- Place the lettuce mix on top of the tortilla strips and put an equal portion of chicken breast on each.
- Mix together the Ranch Dressing and salsa 1:1.
- Pour this over each salad and sprinkle cheese on top.