Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very flavorful marinade. Another family favorite from Jr. League's California Heritage Continues. Prep time does not include 4 hour marinating time.
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, fresh (packed)
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 whole chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Split chicken breasts.
- Place tomatoes, onions, pepper, garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, oil, lime juice and black pepper in food processor and process for 30 seconds.
- Pour marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate, covered and refrigerated for at least 4 hours, turning frequently.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and grill over medium coals for 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently and basting with marinade.
- Sprinkle the breasts with parsley before serving.
- Serve with black beans.
- If serving marinade as a sauce with the chicken, be sure to cook thoroughly!
Truly a 5 star recipe. I made a few changes by adding a whole jalapeno and 3 T of fresh lime juice. It was wonderful, juicy and tender. The flavors of the marinade especially the cilanro were perfect. I did simmer the marinade and served it along with the chicken. Thanks for posting.