Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made one of these tonight and it was good. If you have Thomas' Toasting Bread in your supermarket, check this one out. If not, use the bread of your choice.
- 2 slice thomas' toasting bread (Corn Flavor)
- 56.69 g monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2-3 slice tomatoes (thin slices)
- 1 slice onion, separated (thin slices)
- 2-3 black olives, sliced
- 22.18 ml butter
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- ground cayenne pepper
- Butter one side of each bread slice.
- Dust buttered sides with seasonings to taste.
- Build sandwich in this order: cheese, tomatoes, onions, olives, remaining slice of bread buttered side out.
- Grill over low to medium low heat until bread gets golden brown and cheese starts to melt.
- Carefully flip sandwich and brown other side.
- Let sit for a few moments before cutting.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Do try to find the Thomas' corn bread if you like corn bread; it is slightly sweet and crumbly like regular corn bread and oh is it good!
This is great, JMS0173. I was conservative with the seasonings but next time (and there will be lots of those) I'm going to be more generous. I used whole wheat bread and cheddar as that's what I had.