Recipe by JMS0173
I made one of these tonight and it was good. If you have Thomas' Toasting Bread in your supermarket, check this one out. If not, use the bread of your choice.
Top Review by sugarpea
This is great, JMS0173. I was conservative with the seasonings but next time (and there will be lots of those) I'm going to be more generous. I used whole wheat bread and cheddar as that's what I had.
- 2 slices thomas' toasting bread (Corn Flavor)
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 -3 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 1 slice onion, separated (thin slices)
- 2 -3 black olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of each bread slice.
- Dust buttered sides with seasonings to taste.
- Build sandwich in this order: cheese, tomatoes, onions, olives, remaining slice of bread buttered side out.
- Grill over low to medium low heat until bread gets golden brown and cheese starts to melt.
- Carefully flip sandwich and brown other side.
- Let sit for a few moments before cutting.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Do try to find the Thomas' corn bread if you like corn bread; it is slightly sweet and crumbly like regular corn bread and oh is it good!