Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy spicy grilled catfish.
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- Combine the first 7 ingredients; stir well.
- Rub spice mixture over catfish fillets.
- Coat gill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill fillets over medium heat for 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with fresh salsa.
This was VERY easy, and very good. I only made one slight change. Instead of just rubbing the dry spices on to the fish, I decided to make a rub by adding some olive oil to the spices before rubbing it into the fish. It was spectacular! I cut down on the cayenne, as It would have made it a bit too spicy for my family. It was thoroughly enjoyed, and will be made again. Thanks for posting this easy and yummy recipe! :-)
I only used 1/2 tsp. cayenne and it was just right for us. The fillets were real tasty! Thanks for sharing this!
If the fish were of better quality in my area it would have been perfect! What I did was rubdown the catfish in a pinch of chili sauce and lime juice before rolling it around in this ratio of spices mixed with 3/4c flour then fried it in some veggie oil. Fantastic ratios, a lot more mild than I thought (why i added the chili sauce), but fantastic recipe!