Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a delicious brunch of light dinner. With the use of a pre-made pie crust and already roasted green chili this can be in the oven in a matter of minutes. Serve with sliced tomatoes or fresh fruit.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, 9 inch
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 6-8 hatch green chili peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 236.59 ml grated muenster cheese, or
- 236.59 ml grated monterey jack cheese
- 3-4 thin slices deli ham, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml low fat cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, warm the olive oil in a medium size skillet; when hot add in the sliced onions and cook stirring frequently until wilted and they begin to color.
- Add in the chili and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stir in ham and warm through.
- Place the eggs through cottage cheese in a blender container and blend until smooth.
- Place the onion mixture into the bottom of the pie crust, top with grated cheese and pour blender mixture over all.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until sharp knife inserted off center comes out clean. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
I used a pre-made pie crust and followed the recipe to a tee. Loved the flavors and made for a very enjoyable brunch for us this morning!
*Made for Australia/NZ swap #51* Lovely, quick and delicious light dinner -- with enough left for another meal for 2. used frozen crust and packaged ham, with canned chopped green chilies. Will do again soon. Thanks, Paula !!