1/1 Photo of Southwestern Green Chili Quiche
This makes a delicious brunch of light dinner. With the use of a pre-made pie crust and already roasted green chili this can be in the oven in a matter of minutes. Serve with sliced tomatoes or fresh fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 deep dish pie shell, 9 inch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 6 -8 hatch green chili peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese, or
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 -4 thin slices deli ham, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, warm the olive oil in a medium size skillet; when hot add in the sliced onions and cook stirring frequently until wilted and they begin to color.
- 2Add in the chili and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stir in ham and warm through.
- 3Place the eggs through cottage cheese in a blender container and blend until smooth.
- 4Place the onion mixture into the bottom of the pie crust, top with grated cheese and pour blender mixture over all.
- 5Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until sharp knife inserted off center comes out clean. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Green Chili Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: