Recipe by Chris Reynolds
From Healthy Cooking. I'm always looking for a new way to serve ground beef, particularly in these days of higher prices! I sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on the top when serving.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Yum! I kicked up the flavor here with a few garlic cloves and some chili powder. In place of the macaroni, I used Shirataki tofu noodles in the fettuccini shape that I cut up into smaller pieces. It worked great and kept the dish REALLY low carb/calorie, but didn't sacrifice taste or texture! I also added black olives and diced zucchini. Lime juice makes a nice addition to the bowl too. Thanks for posting Chris!
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except cilantro.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Stir in cilantro and heat through.