Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Swiped from a food blog - storing here until I can try
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 8 ounces dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- lime juice
- cayenne pepper, and or paprika
- Thinly slice onions, mince garlic, saute till soft.
- Add garbanzos, tomatoes, dates, honey and spices. Bring to boil and simmer 30-40 minutes.
- About 10-15 minutes before cooking time ends check taste, add lime juice and extra spices if desired.
- Add extra lime juice and salt/pepper just before serving to taste.
- Serve with slices of fresh lime and naan bread or good crusty bread.