Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I saw this on Food Network and it looks so good :P It's from Michael Smith, Chef at Home.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced into one inch rounds
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to high.
- Toss pineapple with oil, salt and pepper and grill it on both sides until grill marks appear and it's tender and juicy. Cut into large chunks and place in a salad bowl. Add tomatoes, oranges, jicama, cilantro, lime zest and juice and a dash or two of hot sauce. Adjust seasoning and toss well before serving.
What a wonderful surprise ~ This was very, very nice! I was a little concerned, what with including the tomato & hot sauce (just a very SMALL dash!), but it turned out great, & I really liked the flavor combinations! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day is a Holiday! cooking game]
Really interesting combination of flavors and VERY REFRESHING! I wasn't able to find fresh cilantro at the store, so had to substitute dried, but still good. I'll definitely make again.
Very good and different salad which we enjoyed with salmon. I cooked the salmon on the broiler instead of on a grill but followed the rest of the directions as written. Thanks for sharign!