Recipe by Tish
This colorful frittata can turn a brunch or light dinner into a fiesta. Tastes great served with potatoes and fruit on the side
Top Review by Derf
very good and made a nice quick supper, we loved the corn in it , something a little different. I had some cherry tomatoes to use up so I placed them around the top for a little colour. I will be making it again , thanks for posting.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large (oven usable) skillet with no-stick spray.
- Add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the onions and red peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and jalapeño peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, egg whites, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Add to the pan and swirl to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes, gently lifting the egg mixture from the sides of the pan with a spatula as it becomes set.
- Cook until the eggs are set on the bottom but still moist on the top.
- Remove from the heat.
- Broil for 1 minute, or until the top is golden.
- Use a spatula to loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide it onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges to serve.