Recipe by iluvmythomas
After I made this I wasn't sure why it was called a "fried rice" but I guess if you look at it from a spicy southwestern way. Even though it's not fried it's a great dish. Very fast and easy to make!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, shopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the chicken, corn green pepper and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in the broth, salsa, chili powder and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Add the rice.
- Cover and remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes for until cheese is melted.