1/1 Photo of Southwestern Eggs With a Kick
Great fast breakfast. Can make it as Hot or mild that you like. It takes 25min. from start to finish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml sliced almonds
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4.92-7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled, and sliced (optional)
- fresh chili pepper (optional)
- 1Spread almonds in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove almonds from skillet; set aside.
- 2Cook sweet pepper and jalapeno pepper in hot oil in same skillet about 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 3Break one of the eggs into a measuring cup. Carefully slide the egg into simmering tomato mixture. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and simmer eggs over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- 5To serve, transfer eggs to serving plates with a slotted spoon. Stir mixture in skillet; spoon around eggs on plates. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. If desired, serve with avocado slices and garnish with fresh chili peppers.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Eggs With a Kick
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g