Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These eggs are good enough to serve for dinner. Super quick to prepare! From Real Simple magazine.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- Pour the salsa into a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cover and heat until warmed through.
- Break 1 egg into a small dish and slide it gently into the salsa; repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Season with the salt and pepper; cover and cook to the desired doneness.
- Divide the eggs and salsa among individual plates.
- Top with the avocado, sour cream, and cilantro and serve with the chips.
So good and easy, all you really need is salsa and eggs and then few toppings.
A yummy, easy breakfast for me and my DH this morning! I did scale the recipe back to 2 eggs. Thank you!
Excellent! it comes together very quickly which is so nice for breakfast (it was made in less than 5 mins). Lovely flavor and quite healthy as well. I made a diabetic version using whole wheat tortilla in place of chips and no sour cream. I totally agree with Cookiedog, this would be good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.