Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love going to Chili's and eating these.... When I came across this recipe, I just had to post it here for safe keeping.... These are delicious....I'll be preparing these often...I do recall these having corn in them as well but they weren't listed in the ingredients on www.recipes/chef2chef.com where I found this.... They could be optional.
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, small dice
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- flour tortilla, the small size
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put a couple heaping tablespoons of the mixture in a snack size warmed flour tortilla and wrap like a burrito (very tightly) use toothpick to hold in place.
- Fry in 1/2 deep oil in skillet on medium heat. Turn and brown other side.
- Cut each one in half diagonally and serve on platter with ranch dip, salsa or whatever dip you like.
Very good. I didn't think they tasted exactly like Chili's but they were really good. Used a dozen tortillas and still had filling for 3-4 more. Next time, I would halve the recipe. Thanks for the great appetizer.
These are really good and easy to make. We omitted the refried beans for personal preference, used fresh baby spinach, and 1/2 can Rotel for the tomatoes. This does make a large amount of filling, we got 10 large tortillas from the filling, generously filled and with no refried beans. Not really a problem, as I froze the cooked rolls and we can just warm them in the microwave as needed. The flavor is really good but we would add a bit of chili powder next time. I have never had the original ones from Chili's but Buddha has and says that although they don't taste like chili's recipe, they're really good. :)