Recipe by looneytunesfan
These egg rolls also freeze well. They can be made ahead and fried frozen for quick convenience.
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) packageready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 19 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inches of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.