Southwestern Egg & Black Bean Skillet
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Add garlic, beans, and corn. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add in cumin, chili powder and coriander; stir well.
- Add tomatoes and turn heat up to medium high. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes, until liquid has almost fully evaporated. Cover top of mixture with Monterrey Jack cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat and add butter to coat. Cooks egg over easy or over medium, to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon bean mixture onto plates, top with 2 eggs, and desired toppings. Great with warm, crusty bread.