Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southwestern Crab Cakes
- 6 -8 ounces blue crabs, lump or 6 -8 ounces claw meat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Mix all ingredients except cornmeal.
- Form mixture into 2 x 1/2-inch thick cakes; dredge in cornmeal.
- Sauté cakes in olive oil until golden brown.
- Garnish with cilantro and sliced avocado.