1/1 Photo of Southwestern Couscous
Found this one on the label of a chicken broth can - very tasty indeed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion, , divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, cook 1/3 cup of the green onions in butter until they are tender.
- 2Stir in broth, tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder.
- 3Heat to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- 4Stir in couscous and beans; then cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
- 6Top each serving with cheese and remaining green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes