Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is pretty calorie laden, but worth the splurge once or twice a year.
Make and share this Southwestern Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 packages pepperidge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄2 lb mild bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hot bulk pork sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- Saute veggies (except green onions and cilantro) in olive oil until softened.
- Add sausages and cook until no longer pink.
- Add butter and spices, cook for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove from heat and add stuffing mix, wine, green onions and cilantro.
- Add broth slowly, stopping when stuffing is as moist as you like it (on occasion I've had to add a little water as well- it varies).
- Use this to stuff your turkey and cook according to it's weight.
- This can also be cooked in a casserole, covered at 375 degrees for approximately 45 mintues.
- Remove cover and bake for approximately 10 more minutes until lightly browned on top.
- When cooking in a casserole, you may want to start with moister stuffing in order to avoid overly dry stuffing.