1/4 Photos of Southwestern Cornbread Salad
Adapted from a recipe in Southern Living, this is a pretty salad that is sure to please! If you can't find Mexican cornbread mix, add in 1 4 0z. can green chili peppers and 1 15 oz. can creamed corn to the regular cornbread recipe, or make one of the fabulous recipes for it here on Zaar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix or 1 (16 ounce) package regular cornbread mix
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (may sub kidney or pinto beans)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or 1 15-oz. can corn)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped (may use orange or purple peppers)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 5 tablespoons artificial bacon bits
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1Prepare the cornbread according to directions on package; cool and crumble.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Mix Ranch salad dressing mix with the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- 4Layer a large bowl with half each of cornbread, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, corn, bell peppers, cheese, bacon bits and green onions; spoon half of dressing evenly over the top. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and dressing.
- 5Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 522.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican cornbread mix
buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix