Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very pretty and colorful salad and it's great to take for a pot-luck gathering. Layered in a trifle bowls, all the colors are nicely presented!
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread, prepared
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare 8" pan of cornbread according to package directions. When cooled, cut into large cubes and toast in 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Set aside and prepare dressing using first three ingredients.
- Using 1/2 of cornbread, break into smaller chunks and place in glass serving dish. Begin layering 1/2 of the ingredients (except cheese, bacon & dressing)in order and repeat, beginning again with remaining cornbread. Spread top layer with dressing and top with cheese and bacon crumbles. Garnish with green onion tops or small sweet jalapenos,halved & seeded. Refrigerate until serving time.