1/2 Photos of Southwestern Corn Pudding
Addapted from Southern Living to be healthier. You can cook this in the oven if you like, 40 to 50 mins at 350. Great side with grilled meat, especially BBQ Chicken or Pork. I'm revising this for the size of pan needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canned diced green chiles
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients.
- 2Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn, green chiles, and cheese. Pour mixture into lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- 3Microwave on high about 10 to 15 minutes Stir every two minutes until mixture is set.
- 4*6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.
- 5Note: If making 1/2 of recipe, use 8 x 8 dish.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Corn Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 1248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g