Recipe by MsKittyKat
I have been trying to add more soy to my diet and came up with this recipe. It is a combination of several different recipes I found on the web. Cooking time includes resting time.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked per package directions
- 1⁄2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste) or 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except avocado together.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Salad can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, but I would not add tomatoes until closer to serving so the salad does not become too watery.
- Add chopped avocado just prior to serving.
- Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges.