1/1 Photo of Southwestern Corn Chowder
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
I received this recipe from a local restaurant here in Placerville, California, "Cafe Luna", David Van Buskirk is one of the owners and the chef. "All you need is a good glass of wine, and a hunk of good bread, a simply dressed salad and you have a great meal!!!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 cups frozen corn (2 lb bag)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups yellow onions, chopped (about 1 med.)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin (more if preferred)
- 3 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped. (use fresh parsley if you dont like cilantro)
- 1In medium sized soup pot, combine all ingredients except cream and chopped cilantro.
- 2Bring to a slow boil, cover and reduce to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3In a blender, puree soup in batches until smooth; return to soup pot.
- 4Add half and half or heavy cream and cilantro. Bring back to low simmer and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Sprinkle with chopoed cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 292.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g