Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From everyday food.
Make and share this Southwestern Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 scallion, white and green parts separtated, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, halved legnthwise and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces frozen corn kernels
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add white part of scallion, carrot, chili powder and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until scallion is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add potato, corn, broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the potato is fork tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in green part of scallion, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 day.