Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with chips or as a side
- 3 large ears of corn, husked
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (see Tip)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add corn, cover and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile, place pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the corn, pine nuts, beans, cabbage, tomato and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.