Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish, combine corn, bell pepper, onion and butter.
- Cover and microwave on high until bell pepper is crisp-tender (5-7 minutes), stirring once.
- Stir in cumin, salt and ground pepper. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Great, easy way to punch up the flavor of frozen corn. Very colorful, too. I like that everything is prepared quickly in the microwave.
This turned out great. I never tried cumin in corn before and it really went well with the peppers and onions. The instructions were right on with the cooking time. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC fall 2009.
I love the color and the flavor in this recipe - I don't microwave so I put all the ingredients in a skillet, covered it and heated it over medium heat - veggies were still crunchy. Didn't use any butter or oil just a spray of "No OIl" on the pan.