Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dried cranberries should be plump and firm in the bag, not dried up or hard. They should also have a distinct cranberry smell. Look for packages that have no added sugar. As a note, there's no salt in the recipe because the canned chiles have quite a bit of sodium.
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.