My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen corn
- vinaigrette (Cilantro Vinaigrette)
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 lemon
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1/4 head red cabbage, finely shredded (or green if preferred)
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced (ripe)
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and finely diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely crumbled (optional)
- alfalfa sprout, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1Run hot water over corn in a colander until thawed. In a bowl, toss the corn with 2 tablespoons of whichever vinaigrette you are using and chill.
- 2Pit and peel the avocados, then cut into a fine dice. Juice the lemon and toss avocados with the juice to keep them from darkening.
- 3Arrange a few whole lettuce leaves on 4 chilled salad plates or on a large chilled platter. Tear remaining greens into bite-size pieces, combine with cabbage and mound on top of whole leaves.
- 4Scatter corn, onion, tomatoes, avocados, jicama and bacon over greens.
- 5Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with sprouts and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Corn and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g