Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Serve this with Cilantro Vinaigrette, or your favorite lime-based vinaigrette. Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version.
- 2 cups frozen corn
- vinaigrette (Cilantro Vinaigrette)
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1 lemon
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage, finely shredded (or green if preferred)
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced (ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup jicama, peeled and finely diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely crumbled (optional)
- alfalfa sprout, for garnish
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Run hot water over corn in a colander until thawed. In a bowl, toss the corn with 2 tablespoons of whichever vinaigrette you are using and chill.
- Pit and peel the avocados, then cut into a fine dice. Juice the lemon and toss avocados with the juice to keep them from darkening.
- Arrange a few whole lettuce leaves on 4 chilled salad plates or on a large chilled platter. Tear remaining greens into bite-size pieces, combine with cabbage and mound on top of whole leaves.
- Scatter corn, onion, tomatoes, avocados, jicama and bacon over greens.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with sprouts and cilantro.