Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from The Culinary Institute of America: Grilling Cookbook, this goes great over Baja Fish Tacos, to top a hamburger, tofu burger or fish sandwich!
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, minced (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, tossing to mix.
- Let the mixture marinate at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Very nice topping for our turkey enchildas! Cilantro is right amount for us. The only thing I did different was I used a tiny amount of pickled jalapeno and omitted the salt. Served with corn salad, steamed veggies, and cantaloupe. Thanks Sharon for sharing.
I went back and forth as to how to rate this one, having enjoyed both as a taco topping and as a side salad. In either case it is crispy, fresh and bright flavored with hot and spicy back note. My one comment is that if you are planning to serve it as a side salad to a 1 additional teaspoon each of the hone and lime juice. So different and so easy. Thanks Sharon.
Enjoyed this as a salad but I think it will be wonderful as a topping too -- or even add tuna or chicken to it for lunch -- possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing this keeper!