Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes directly from Southwestern Cobb Salad by dianegrapegrower with some changes to make it less caloric.
- 1⁄3 cup light ranch salad dressing (your favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, cover and chill.
- Brush chicken with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool 5 minutes, and slice into strips across the grain.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl, or arrange decoratively on two plates. Drizzle with 1/2 dressing, and offer the balance at the table.