Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a restaurant quality salad without all the the calories and fat. I adapted it from Cooking Light Magazine. Feel free to add green onions or substitute cayenne for the ground chipotle powder. Nutrition Facts: 293 calories/13.6 g fat/22.4 g protein/19.9 g carbs/6.6 g fiber
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper (Penzey's makes a great one)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless boneless turkey breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup avocado (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup queso fresco
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- For dressing, whisk together everything but oil. Gradually whisk oil into mixture and set aside.
- Cook bacon in nonstick skillet. Set aside to cool then crumble.
- Wipe bacon grease out of pan. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Add turkey and cajun seasoning. Cook until no longer pink.
- Split all ingredients among four plates. Drizzle with dressing.
This was good. I did have to use cayenne instead of the chipotle chile powder, salsa instead of pico de gallo and a different cheese because that is what I had, but I think the taste was pretty much the same. I let the kids use ranch for their dressing because that is more to their taste, but my husband and I liked the dressing. Served it with a garlic cheese bread.