Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Cuisine at Home. They suggest serving on quesadillas, but we like the salad on its own. Adjust the amount of hot sauce in the dressing to suit your taste.
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (your favorite brand)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1⁄2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup mexican cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, cover and chill.
- Brush chicken with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grell 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool 5 minutes, and slice into strips across the grain.
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl, or arrange decoratively on two plates. Drizzle with 1/2 dressing, and offer the balance at the table.
mmm, so good and easy to make! This makes a meal, just had some bread to go with it! I grilled the chicken on the stove instead and added a little Italian dressing. I didn't have the chips and didn't add the red pepper, but other than that, kept it the same. oh and I didn't add the hot sauce to the dressing and it did make alot for 2 people! I will be making this again!!
Yum! This is a delicious salad that was enjoyed by all. It is a flexible recipe as well. I might add sliced olives, mushrooms or julienned fresh red peppers. I doubled most of the ingredients and it served 6 with no leftovers. I'll be making this frequently. Thanks so much!
VERY good! I loved this. I am a salad girl and this wonderful. Such large portions. Just like I love! Thank you.