Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
posted for ZWT 2006, this is from the Food Network site and sounds pretty darn good. Chorizo is used in a lot of Southwestern cooking as well as the cooking of Spain. It's one of my favorite sausages to use.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey monterey jack pepper cheese or 473.18 ml smoked cheddar cheese
- 226.79 g chorizo sausage or 226.79 g andouille sausage, casing removed and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped (green onions)
- 3 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- coarse salt
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle pan to high heat; blister a flour tortilla for 20 seconds, flip.
- Cover half the tortilla surface with shredded cheese, bits of chorizo or andouille, and chopped scallions.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cook a minute longer, 30 seconds on each side, pressing down gently with a spatula.
- Cut quesadillas into 4 wedges and top with salsa.
- For salsa, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and salt in a small bowl and spoon over wedges of quesadilla, as you snack.
Delicious meal. I opted to grill my quesadillas once they were assembled. One min/side on Med-Med.High heat did the trick. Wonderful.