Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A colorful nutrient packed salad! Healthy and delicious, this is a vegetarian salad and can be vegan by using avocado instead of yogurt(love this!) :D Enjoy! Adapted from the Garden Grazer.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper (for color, can use other colors)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (you can half them if you like)
- 2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 5 green onions
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or use all or part avocado)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (I might try white balsamic sometime)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Toss with desired dressing.
- Cilantro Dressing:.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Makes about 3/4 cup.
Great salad! I used avocado in the dressing instead of yogurt. It turned out very thick, so I just sort of stirred it into each individual serving. I thought the dressing would be too citrusy, but once it was mixed in with the rest of the ingredients, it was just a delight! Great salad, and I'll enjoy it often. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.