Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love chopped salads! This is meatless, so it's a great side for chili, other Tex-Mex dishes, or just a stand-alone meatless meal.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup coarsley crushed Doritos, measure AFTER crushing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 -2 california avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- southwest ranch dressing, any ranch will do (167319)
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce through cilantro.
- Place your diced avocadoes in a small bowl and toss them with the lime juice before tossing them in the salad.
- Serve with Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing #167319 or the dressing of your choice.
- **If not eating this right away, reserve the crushed Doritos and add them just before serving.
This is a great taco salad. I made homemade ranch dressing and added roasted salsa to it. I had to make some subs, but they all worked out really well: refried beans (in dollops) instead of kidney beans, baked tortilla chips and guacamole (in dollops) instead of avocado. I also added more cilantro, lime and chips. Very yummy together!
This salad is the best. It tastes like my favorite salad at the Hard Rock Cafe. And it's going to close soon, so I'm glad to be able to do it at home :) I used green onion, fresh corn, no kidney beans, no cilantro. I used low-fat ranch dressing. So yummy! Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag
Excellent salad! We got rave reviews for it at a family dinner.