Recipe by *Parsley*
I love chopped salads! This is meatless, so it's a great side for chili, other Tex-Mex dishes, or just a stand-alone meatless meal.
Top Review by Maito
This is a great taco salad. I made homemade ranch dressing and added roasted salsa to it. I had to make some subs, but they all worked out really well: refried beans (in dollops) instead of kidney beans, baked tortilla chips and guacamole (in dollops) instead of avocado. I also added more cilantro, lime and chips. Very yummy together!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup coarsley crushed Doritos, measure AFTER crushing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 -2 california avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- southwest ranch dressing, any ranch will do (167319)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce through cilantro.
- Place your diced avocadoes in a small bowl and toss them with the lime juice before tossing them in the salad.
- Serve with Southwest Ranch Salad Dressing #167319 or the dressing of your choice.
- **If not eating this right away, reserve the crushed Doritos and add them just before serving.