Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made up this salad based on salads of the same type you get in restaurants. I sometimes add hard-boiled egg if I have time or in the mood. My favorite is to add chicken that has been grilled with bbq sauce, then it's a meal.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into little pieces.
- 1 tomato, ripe, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh gourmet corn tortilla strips, Santa Fe Style
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- Wash and dry the lettuce and tear/chop it. Add all the other prepared ingredients except for tortilla strips.
- Toss the salad, then add tortilla strips on top.
- You can substitute or add whatever type of bean or corn you like.
- Adding BBQ chicken makes this salad into a meal.
- I serve with bottled ranch dressing, but you can make your own. A lime-cilantro would be good.