I made up this salad based on salads of the same type you get in restaurants. I sometimes add hard-boiled egg if I have time or in the mood. My favorite is to add chicken that has been grilled with bbq sauce, then it's a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into little pieces.
- 1 tomato, ripe, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh gourmet corn tortilla strips, Santa Fe Style
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1Wash and dry the lettuce and tear/chop it. Add all the other prepared ingredients except for tortilla strips.
- 2Toss the salad, then add tortilla strips on top.
- 3You can substitute or add whatever type of bean or corn you like.
- 4Adding BBQ chicken makes this salad into a meal.
- 5I serve with bottled ranch dressing, but you can make your own. A lime-cilantro would be good.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chop Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 61.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corn tortilla strips