From Pepperfool.com. I'm always looking for something different to serve with my Tex-Mex casseroles and this is so good. I used 2 can of Great Northern Beans. Also brown my bacon in with onions, etc. I like my bacon cooked some. Wonderful smokey chipotles taste.
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons new mexico chile powder
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 large onion (chopped )
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped )
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb thick slab bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups cooked great northern beans
- Sauté chipotles, onion, and garlic in oil until soft. (I cook bacon in with this).
- Combine with other ingredients, and mix resulting sauce into the beans. Bake at 325F for 2 hours, adding water if beans get too dry.