Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This recipe is originally from a November 1989 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.The cheese mixture can be made up to 4 hours ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated.Proceed with the baking, allowing increased time to heat it through.Regular or low-fat cheese and mayonnaise/salad dressing may be used.Serve with pita or corn/tortilla chips.
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- bottled hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thinly with green tops
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise or salad dressing,HALF of the ripe olives,green chili peppers, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a 9 inch quiche or pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with the tomato, remaining olives, and green onions in three rings, starting at the edge of the plate.
- * I like to start with the tomatoes, green onions, then the olives.*.
- Serve warm with chips of your choice.
- * Can also be heated in the microwave. Cook,uncovered, on high power for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice during the cooking process.