Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
This is an excellant Chili recipe featuring chicken. It will become a favorite of all who try! It won't be long and they will be asking for more!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans ranch style beans
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté chicken, peppers, garlic and onions in oil until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper; stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and broth.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Mel2 your description says it all. Attention foodies: Try it you'll like it. I find it hard to believe no one has rated this wonderful recipe for nearly 10 years. Reminds me of the one that Chili's used to serve. This chili has a fairly strong chili flavor and that is what I was looking for. The only changes I made was 2 red and 2 green bells, no salt and diced up a seeded fresh jalapeno. Loaded with flavor but not calories. Will make again and again.