Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delightful, low-calorie, high protein chili.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 large roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) corn
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes, coat with salt and black pepper.
- Warm up the olive oil in a large pan and brown the chicken evenly.
- When the chicken has browned, add coarsely chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- After the onion, bell pepper, and garlic have reduced by half, add coarsely chopped tomatoes. Allow the tomatoes to reduce and give off their liquid.
- Add the entire can of beans (do not drain) and corn (drain off majority of the liquid).
- When the beans and corn have incorporated, add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. If you want your chili less spicy, reduce or completely remove cayenne.
- Allow the chili to come to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and allow to sit, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until the corn is tender.